Outcomes & Careers
Through ASL, they made vital connections to experienced law professionals, many of whom are ASL alumni who want to give back to the institution that helped them build their careers.
ASL graduates are prepared to pursue advanced law degrees at graduate and professional schools. Some of our alumni have continued their studies at institutions such as:
- Tulane University School of Law
- The University of Missouri
- The John Marshall Law School, Chicago
We have a growing network of alumni who are making a difference in communities across the country through their law practice. They include:
- Amy Lawrence '08 and Justin Lovely '09, founders of The Lovely Law Firm, Myrtle Beach, S.C.; concentrates in criminal, personal injury, and civil litigation law
- Andrew Call '07, Currently enrolled in a Master of Public Policy and Administration degree program at Northwestern University; completed LLM degrees in International Business and Trade Law and Information Technology and Privacy Law with honors at John Marshall Law School of Chicago
- Michael Orlando '06, Associate Attorney, Gilroy Law Firm, Tigard, Ore.; primarily focused on defending workers' compensation claims for self-insured employers
- Yasmeen Gumbs '04, Associate Attorney, mid-size law firm, Manhattan, N.Y.; concentrates in Automobile & Transportation and Insurance, defending no-fault insurance and property damage cases
- M. Suzanne Kerney-Quillen '03, Deputy Commonwealth's Attorney, Wise County, Va.; prosecutes cases in all courts with a primary emphasis on Narcotics Task Force cases; supervises cases handled in General District Court
- Kimothy Sparks '04, Director of Risk Management, Patient Safety, and Customer Service, Lovelace Health System, Albuquerque, N.M.
ASL students benefit from their connection to ASL even after graduation. The Career Services office, for example, provides the tools and skills alumni need to land rewarding legal careers.