Alumni FAQ

How do I request a transcript?

Alumni can request transcripts through their student portal in SONIS or by submitting a Transcript Request.

Official transcripts for employment-related purposes or bar-related purposes, as well as unofficial transcripts, are free of charge to alumni. All other transcripts must be accompanied by a check for $5.00 made payable to Appalachian School of Law. Checks should be mailed to Appalachian School of Law, c/o Registrar, 1169 Edgewater Drive, Grundy, Virginia 24614. Processing time is approximately five business days.

Please see the Registrar’s page for more details.

How do I update my address?

Graduates are responsible for notifying ASL of address changes. Your e-mail and physical addresses are your only connection to ASL after graduation and are lifelines to other ASL graduates. To update your address, e-mail

How do I update my ASL Bio?

If you have forgotten your PIN and want it e-mailed to you, enter your e-mail address. Then, click “If you have forgotten your PIN and/or ID, please click here.” This will prompt our system to automatically e-mail your PIN.  The e-mail address must match the last e-mail updated on your bio page. If you have changed e-mail addresses and cannot remember the last updated address ASL has for you, e-mail

Once logged on, you will see three tabs: Logout, Biographic and Update Bio.

  • Logout – Logs you out of the system
  • Biographic – Gives you a printable page of all classes taken, grades, total earned credits, GPA credits and GPA. This is not a transcript.
  • Update Bio – Allows you to update your personal information

How do I request a duplicate diploma?

Alumni needing copies of their diploma should request duplicates from Patty Street. The amount per diploma varies but Mrs. Street will be able to tell you the price upon contacting her. After you send a check or money order for that amount, Mrs. Street will order the diploma.

How can I access job postings and other Career Services resources?

Job postings can be found on the Career Services Facebook Page. Lucy McGee, Director of Career Services and Externships, is also available to assist with your job search. She can be contacted at or at 276-244-1244.

How do I become a member of the Alumni Association?

ASL graduates become members of the ASL Alumni Association upon graduation. For more information on membership or becoming an elected officer, Click here

How can I become an Alumni Association Chapter Leader?

Chapter leaders make themselves available to assist alumni in career searches, alumni events, recruitment activities and community service involvement. For more information about becoming a chapter leader, contact

How do I become an Alumni Mentor?

If you wish to become an Alumni Mentor please contact

Who should I contact if I am interested in hosting a summer extern?

If you are interested in hosting a summer extern please email Becky England.

Who should I contact if I need assistance with my student e-mail account?

All “” student accounts remain as-is after graduation. Notifications and announcements will be sent to these accounts unless the graduate notifies ASL of a preferred e-mail account by e-mailing Admissions. If you are experiencing difficulties with your student account, contact Information Services.

How can I make a gift to the law school?

If you’d like to make a gift to the law school or you’d like more information on the various methods of gifting to the law school click here for the gift/donation page.

If I have a question not listed here, how can I find an answer?

Please contact the office of Alumni Relations:
Office of Alumni Relations
Appalachian School of Law
1169 Edgewater Dr.
Grundy, VA 24614
Phone: 276-244-1231