ASL accepts applications from transfer students for both Fall & Spring semesters. The school may accept transfer students from ABA approved or state approved law schools in accordance with ABA Standard 506 upon demonstration that the student would have qualified for entrance into ASL as a first year student and the student is in good standing at the prior law school.
Transfer applicants must complete/submit the following:
• ASL’s e application through LSAC.org
• A personal statement of 500 words or less describing professional goals and qualifications
• Include in this statement reasons for pursuing a transfer and factors that led to the decision to apply to ASL
• Two letters of recommendation. These letters should be sent directly to the Credential Assembly Service via LSAC. Recommendations from a law school professor are not required, but are strongly recommended.
• A current LSDAS report (The admissions office will request your report; make sure that a copy is available for download.)
• For transfer admission, an affidavit and unofficial transcripts can be sent directly to our admissions office. Official transcripts and letter of good standing from the current law school must be submitted in order to receive credit for previous coursework.
• Optional submissions may include an applicant’s graduate work, diversity statement, connection to the Appalachian region, and non academic achievements. These can be submitted as attachments to the e-application or emailed directly to the Admissions Office.
Please contact the Admissions Office to discuss our admissions process at any time.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call: 276-244-1203.
Once a transfer applicant has been admitted, ASL’s Associate Dean of Academic Affairs will evaluate transfer credits.