Consumer Information (ABA Required Disclosures)
The following information is presented in accordance with ABA Standard 509 and is designed to provide accurate and complete data about the Appalachian School of Law.
Standard 509 (b) A law school shall publicly disclose on its website, in the form and manner and for the time frame designated by the Council, the following information:
1. Admissions data;
2. Tuition and fees, living costs and Financial aid;
3. Conditional scholarships and retention data;
4. Enrollment data, including academic, transfer, and other attrition;
5. Number of full-time and part-time faculty, professional librarians, and administrators;
6. Class sizes for first-year and upper-class courses; number of seminar, clinical and co-curricular offerings;
7. Employment Outcomes*;
8. Bar passage data.
Standard 509 (c) A law school shall publicly disclose on its website, in a readable and comprehensive manner, the following information on a current basis:
1. Refund policies;
2. Curricular offerings, academic calendar, and academic requirements;
3. Policies regarding the transfer of credit earned at another institution of higher education.
*Information supplied by the ABA
Qualifications for Admission to the Bar
In addition to a bar examination, there are character, fitness, and other qualifications for admission to the bar in every U.S. jurisdiction. Applicants are encouraged to determine the requirements for any jurisdiction in which they intend to seek admission by contacting the jurisdiction. Addresses for all relevant agencies are available through the National Conference of Bar Examiners. Below you will find links that may be helpful.